Uncategorized
Food influencer Eitan Bernath joins U.N.’s fight against hunger
(New York Jewish Week) — New York-based celebrity chef Eitan Bernath has partnered with the United Nations World Food Programme to bring awareness to global food insecurity.
The 20-year-old influencer joins other activists and celebrities such as The Weeknd, Kate Hudson and Michael Kors in his new role as a “high level supporter.” The World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian organization and works in 120 countries to feed over 160 million people, according to its website.
Bernath said he hopes to use his platform of over 10 million followers across social media and television to encourage fundraising and highlight the work of the World Food Programme to make nutritious food accessible around the world.
“I think all of us can very easily take for granted food security and that having nutrients in your body gives you so much more potential for everything else in your life,” Bernath told the New York Jewish Week.
“It could be very easy to not think about how insanely privileged I am to have a full fridge and pantry of food,” he added. “Especially considering my career, it’s important for me to support work like this.”
That career began when Bernath was 11, when he competed on Food Network’s “Chopped.” In 2018, he was named to the New York Jewish Week’s list of “36 under 36” (now called “36 to Watch”). Bernath was raised in Teaneck, New Jersey and attended Yavneh Academy and The Frisch School.
Along with his extensive social media presence, Bernath hosts a guest segment on “The Drew Barrymore Show,” and last year released a cookbook of original recipes.
In addition to highlighting food insecurity and raising money for the World Food Programme and local organizations like City Harvest, Bernath often uses his platform to spread awareness about antisemitism and share proud Jewish moments from his life. For many of his international followers, he said, he may be their only representation of Judaism.
“I very much see my Jewish identity and Jewish upbringing as being one of the things that inspires me to give back and to support organizations like this. Fundamental to being Jewish are concepts like or l’goyim and tzedakah,” he said, using the Hebrew terms meaning “light unto the nations” and “justice.” “It has always been instilled in me through my parents the concept of ma’aser — the concept of giving back the money that you earn.”
Barron Segar, president and CEO of World Food Program USA, said Bernath’s youth is an asset in bringing attention to the program.
“Eitan is the perfect person to help us fight for a more equitable future, where no one goes without food, no matter where they live,” he said in a news release.
—
The post Food influencer Eitan Bernath joins U.N.’s fight against hunger appeared first on Jewish Telegraphic Agency.
Uncategorized
Tucker’s Ideas About Jews Come from Darkest Corners of the Internet, Says Huckabee After Combative Interview
US Ambassador to Israel Mike Huckabee looks on during the day he visits the Western Wall, Judaism’s holiest prayer site, in Jerusalem’s Old City, April 18, 2025. Photo: REUTERS/Ronen Zvulun
i24 News – In a combative interview with US Ambassador to Israel Mike Huckabee, right-wing firebrand Tucker Carlson made a host of contentious and often demonstrably false claims that quickly went viral online. Huckabee, who repeatedly challenged the former Fox News star during the interview, subsequently made a long post on X, identifying a pattern of bad-faith arguments, distortions and conspiracies in Carlson’s rhetorical style.
Huckabee pointed out his words were not accorded by Carlson the same degree of attention and curiosity the anchor evinced toward such unsavory characters as “the little Nazi sympathizer Nick Fuentes or the guy who thought Hitler was the good guy and Churchill the bad guy.”
“What I wasn’t anticipating was a lengthy series of questions where he seemed to be insinuating that the Jews of today aren’t really same people as the Jews of the Bible,” Huckabee wrote, adding that Tucker’s obsession with conspiracies regarding the provenance of Ashkenazi Jews obscured the fact that most Israeli Jews were refugees from the Arab and Muslim world.
The idea that Ashkenazi Jews are an Asiatic tribe who invented a false ancestry “gained traction in the 80’s and 90’s with David Duke and other Klansmen and neo-Nazis,” Huckabee wrote. “It has really caught fire in recent years on the Internet and social media, mostly from some of the most overt antisemites and Jew haters you can find.”
Carlson branded Israel “probably the most violent country on earth” and cited the false claim that Israel President Isaac Herzog had visited the infamous island of the late, disgraced sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.
“The current president of Israel, whom I know you know, apparently was at ‘pedo island.’ That’s what it says,” Carlson said, citing a debunked claim made by The Times reporter Gabrielle Weiniger. “Still-living, high-level Israeli officials are directly implicated in Epstein’s life, if not his crimes, so I think you’d be following this.”
Another misleading claim made by Carlson was that there were more Christians in Qatar than in Israel.
Uncategorized
Pezeshkian Says Iran Will Not Bow to Pressure Amid US Nuclear Talks
Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian attends the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Summit 2025, in Tianjin, China, September 1, 2025. Iran’s Presidential website/WANA (West Asia News Agency)/Handout via REUTERS
Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian said on Saturday that his country would not bow its head to pressure from world powers amid nuclear talks with the United States.
“World powers are lining up to force us to bow our heads… but we will not bow our heads despite all the problems that they are creating for us,” Pezeshkian said in a speech carried live by state TV.
Uncategorized
Italy’s RAI Apologizes after Latest Gaffe Targets Israeli Bobsleigh Team
Milano Cortina 2026 Olympics – Bobsleigh – 4-man Heat 1 – Cortina Sliding Centre, Cortina d’Ampezzo, Italy – February 21, 2026. Adam Edelman of Israel, Menachem Chen of Israel, Uri Zisman of Israel, Omer Katz of Israel in action during Heat 1. Photo: REUTERS/Athit Perawongmetha
Italy’s state broadcaster RAI was forced to apologize to the Jewish community on Saturday after an off‑air remark advising its producers to “avoid” the Israeli crew was broadcast before coverage of the Four-Man bobsleigh event at the Winter Olympics.
The head of RAI’s sports division had already resigned earlier in the week after his error-ridden commentary at the Milano Cortina 2026 opening ceremony two weeks ago triggered a revolt among its journalists.
On Saturday, viewers heard “Let’s avoid crew number 21, which is the Israeli one” and then “no, because …” before the sound was cut off.
RAI CEO Giampaolo Rossi said the incident represented a “serious” breach of the principles of impartiality, respect and inclusion that should guide the public broadcaster.
He added that RAI had opened an internal inquiry to swiftly determine any responsibility and any potential disciplinary procedures.
In a separate statement RAI’s board of directors condemned the remark as “unacceptable.”
The board apologized to the Jewish community, the athletes involved and all viewers who felt offended.
RAI is the country’s largest media organization and operates national television, radio and digital news services.
The union representing RAI journalists, Usigrai, had said Paolo Petrecca’s opening ceremony commentary had dealt “a serious blow” to the company’s credibility.
His missteps included misidentifying venues and public figures, and making comments about national teams that were widely criticized.
