Uncategorized
Ye suspended again from Twitter after posting swastika following pro-Hitler Infowars appearance
(JTA) — Two weeks after returning from a suspension over his tweets threatening Jews, Kanye West has been booted from Twitter again — this time after posting a picture of a swastika.
West, the rapper and designer who now goes by Ye, tweeted the swastika shortly after wrapping a three-hour-long appearance on Infowars, the streaming show hosted by conspiracy theorist Alex Jones, in which he repeatedly praised Adolf Hitler, said he loved Nazis and denied that the Holocaust happened as it did.
The picture that Ye posted — and that he and his children had been photographed wearing on shirts — was not the straightforward Nazi logo but instead a swastika inside a Star of David, a mashup of symbols associated with Raelism, a movement that believes that aliens created humanity. He indicated that it would be his presidential campaign’s logo.
“I tried my best,” Musk tweeted late Thursday night in reply to a user urging him to help Ye. “Despite that, he again violated our rule against incitement to violence. Account will be suspended.”
Musk, who is known to be vindictive toward his personal detractors, said he was not penalizing Ye for posting an unflattering picture of him. “This is fine,” Musk posted below the picture before Ye’s account was disabled and emphasizing the point in another tweet.
Musk did not comment on Ye’s Infowars appearance, which captivated news consumers as information about it was shared widely in real time Thursday afternoon. Ye’s appearance on the show, which came a week after he dined with former President Donald Trump and white supremacist Nick Fuentes, drew sharp criticism from Jewish leaders, hate watchdogs and others alarmed by his sustained and mostly unchallenged praise for Hitler.
“There is nothing to like about Nazis or Hitler, the architect of the mass murder of 6 million Jews,” the Jewish Federations of North America tweeted in a statement. “Unfortunately, Ye’s latest comments continue to amplify antisemitism and hatred, the breeding grounds for physical violence against the Jewish people. It’s time for those with big platforms who give him a stage to realize they are complicit.”
“Conservatives who have mistakenly indulged Kanye West must make it clear that he is a pariah,” leaders of the Republican Jewish Coalition said in a statement that alluded to but did not name Trump. “Enough is enough.”
Jonathan Greenblatt, the CEO of the Anti-Defamation League, tweeted that Ye’s comments “are not just vile and offensive: they put Jews in danger.” He followed up with a tweeted directed to Musk, whose behavior since acquiring Twitter in October led the ADL to call for a boycott by advertisers: “Is this someone you still want to warmly welcome back to the platform? Jews right now need allies, not enablers.”
Amid the uproar over Ye’s Infowars appearance, an account for Republicans on the House Judiciary Committee deleted a tweet that had come to represent commitment by a portion of the party to far-right ideas. “Kanye. Elon. Trump.” read the tweet, which was posted Oct. 6, as West first drew criticism for unveiling a “White Lives Matter” shirt at a Paris fashion show. In the months since, Trump has launched his presidential campaign and dined with Holocaust deniers, Musk has eviscerated Twitter and Ye has leaned into antisemitism, but the tweet had remained online.
Also on Thursday, the social media platform Parler announced that Ye’s proposal to purchase it had been canceled. A spokesperson said Ye and Parler “mutually agreed” earlier this month not to move forward with the acquisition, which Ye had vowed after being suspended from Twitter. Parler is popular among conservatives whose ideas have violated Twitter’s rules, and Ye said he would preservative as a place for right-wing views. After his suspension from Twitter Thursday night, he posted to Truth Social, the platform owned by Trump, who has not posted to Twitter since Musk restored his account.
Ye’s indefinite Twitter suspension marks the first removal of a high-profile user restored by Musk as part of his vow to allow most speech on the platform. It generated criticism from free-speech absolutists on the platform and elsewhere who had believed him to share their views unconditionally.
—
The post Ye suspended again from Twitter after posting swastika following pro-Hitler Infowars appearance appeared first on Jewish Telegraphic Agency.
Uncategorized
Pezeshkian Says Iran Will Not Bow to Pressure Amid US Nuclear Talks
Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian attends the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Summit 2025, in Tianjin, China, September 1, 2025. Iran’s Presidential website/WANA (West Asia News Agency)/Handout via REUTERS
Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian said on Saturday that his country would not bow its head to pressure from world powers amid nuclear talks with the United States.
“World powers are lining up to force us to bow our heads… but we will not bow our heads despite all the problems that they are creating for us,” Pezeshkian said in a speech carried live by state TV.
Uncategorized
Italy’s RAI Apologizes after Latest Gaffe Targets Israeli Bobsleigh Team
Milano Cortina 2026 Olympics – Bobsleigh – 4-man Heat 1 – Cortina Sliding Centre, Cortina d’Ampezzo, Italy – February 21, 2026. Adam Edelman of Israel, Menachem Chen of Israel, Uri Zisman of Israel, Omer Katz of Israel in action during Heat 1. Photo: REUTERS/Athit Perawongmetha
Italy’s state broadcaster RAI was forced to apologize to the Jewish community on Saturday after an off‑air remark advising its producers to “avoid” the Israeli crew was broadcast before coverage of the Four-Man bobsleigh event at the Winter Olympics.
The head of RAI’s sports division had already resigned earlier in the week after his error-ridden commentary at the Milano Cortina 2026 opening ceremony two weeks ago triggered a revolt among its journalists.
On Saturday, viewers heard “Let’s avoid crew number 21, which is the Israeli one” and then “no, because …” before the sound was cut off.
RAI CEO Giampaolo Rossi said the incident represented a “serious” breach of the principles of impartiality, respect and inclusion that should guide the public broadcaster.
He added that RAI had opened an internal inquiry to swiftly determine any responsibility and any potential disciplinary procedures.
In a separate statement RAI’s board of directors condemned the remark as “unacceptable.”
The board apologized to the Jewish community, the athletes involved and all viewers who felt offended.
RAI is the country’s largest media organization and operates national television, radio and digital news services.
The union representing RAI journalists, Usigrai, had said Paolo Petrecca’s opening ceremony commentary had dealt “a serious blow” to the company’s credibility.
His missteps included misidentifying venues and public figures, and making comments about national teams that were widely criticized.
Uncategorized
Iran Prepares Counterproposal as Trump Weighs Strikes
U.S. President Donald Trump speaks with members of the media on board Air Force One en route to Palm Beach, Florida, U.S., January 31, 2026. REUTERS/Nathan Howard
Iran’s foreign minister said on Friday he expected to have a draft counterproposal ready within days following nuclear talks with the United States this week, while US President Donald Trump said he was considering limited military strikes.
Two US officials told Reuters that US military planning on Iran had reached an advanced stage, with options including targeting individuals as part of an attack and even pursuing leadership change in Tehran, if ordered by Trump.
Trump on Thursday gave Tehran a deadline of 10 to 15 days to make a deal to resolve their longstanding nuclear dispute or face “really bad things” amid a US military buildup in the Middle East that has fueled fears of a wider war.
THREATS OF ATTACK FOLLOW CRACKDOWN ON MASS PROTESTS
Asked on Friday if he was considering a limited strike to pressure Iran into a deal, Trump told reporters at the White House: “I guess I can say I am considering” it. Asked later about Iran at a White House press conference, Trump added: “They better negotiate a fair deal.”
Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araqchi said after indirect discussions in Geneva this week with Trump’s Special Envoy Steve Witkoff and son-in-law Jared Kushner that the sides had reached an understanding on main “guiding principles,” but that did not mean a deal was imminent.
Araqchi, in an interview on MS NOW, said he had a draft counterproposal that could be ready in the next two or three days for top Iranian officials to review, with more U.S.-Iran talks possible in a week or so.
Military action would complicate efforts to reach a deal, he added.
After the US and Israel bombed Iran’s nuclear facilities and some military sites in June, Trump again began threatening strikes in January as Tehran crushed widespread protests with deadly force.
Referring to the crackdown on Friday, Trump said there was a difference between the people of Iran and the country’s leadership. He asserted that “32,000 people were killed over a relatively short period of time,” figures that could not immediately be verified.
“It’s a very, very, very sad situation,” Trump said, adding that his threats to strike Iran had led the leadership to abandon plans for mass hangings two weeks ago.
“They were going to hang 837 people. And I gave them the word, if you hang one person, even one person, that you’re going to be hit right then and there,” he said.
The US-based group HRANA, which monitors the human rights situation in Iran, has recorded 7,114 verified deaths and says it has another 11,700 under review.
Hours after Trump’s statements on the death toll, Araqchi said that the Iranian government has already published a “comprehensive list” of all 3,117 killed in the unrest.
“If anyone doubts the accuracy of our data, please speak with evidence,” he posted on X.
ARAQCHI SAYS DEAL POSSIBLE IN ‘VERY SHORT PERIOD’
Araqchi gave no specific timing as to when Iranians would get their counterproposal to Witkoff and Kushner, but said he believed a diplomatic deal was within reach and could be achieved “in a very short period of time.”
United Nations spokesperson Stephane Dujarric reiterated concerns about heightened rhetoric and increased military activities in the region.
“We encourage both the United States and the Islamic Republic of Iran to continue to engage in diplomacy in order to settle the differences,” Dujarric told a regular news briefing at the U.N.
During the Geneva talks, the United States did not seek zero uranium enrichment and Iran did not offer to suspend enrichment, Araqchi told MS NOW, a US cable television news network.
“What we are now talking about is how to make sure that Iran’s nuclear program, including enrichment, is peaceful and would remain peaceful forever,” he said.
He added that technical and political “confidence-building measures” would be enacted to ensure the program would remain peaceful in exchange for action on sanctions, but he gave no further details.
“The president has been clear that Iran cannot have nuclear weapons or the capacity to build them, and that they cannot enrich uranium,” the White House said when asked about Araqchi’s comments.
