Connect with us

RSS

BRICS Nations Rally Behind Iran, Condemn US and Israeli Strikes

Brazil’s President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, China’s Premier Li Qiang, India’s Prime Minister Narendra  Modi, South Africa’s President Cyril Ramaphosa, Russia’s Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and other leaders attend the opening meeting of BRICS Summit, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil July 6, 2025. REUTERS/Ricardo Moraes

BRICS member countries voiced strong support for Iran during their annual summit in Rio de Janeiro this week, condemning Israel and the United States for attacks on Tehran’s nuclear program and military infrastructure amid last month’s 12-day war.

The BRICS group is a bloc of emerging economies — originally Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa — that positions itself as an alternative to institutions like the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund (IMF).

Iran became a member of the group in 2024, joining six new members, including Egypt, Ethiopia, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates (UAE).

“We condemn the military strikes against the Islamic Republic of Iran since 13 June 2025,” leaders from the BRICS nations said in a joint statement released Sunday.

“We further express serious concern over deliberate attacks on civilian infrastructure and peaceful nuclear facilities,” the statement read.

According to the 11-nation coalition, the recent military strikes on Iranian nuclear facilities “constitute a violation of international law.”

This latest move by the BRICS coalition not only provides Tehran with rare international support after the 12-day Israel-Iran war, but also signals a unified front against Western ideology and US influence.

In a social media post, US President Donald Trump warned that countries aligning with BRICS policies opposing US interests would face additional tariffs.

“Any Country aligning themselves with the Anti-American policies of BRICS, will be charged an ADDITIONAL 10% Tariff,” Trump warned in a post on Truth Social. “There will be no exceptions to this policy.”

In response, Brazilian President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva, who hosted the summit, condemned Trump’s comments as reckless.

“We don’t want an emperor, we are sovereign countries,” Lula said during his closing remarks on Monday. “It’s not right for a president of a country the size of the United States to threaten the world online.”

Last month, Israel launched Operation Rising Lion, a sweeping military campaign aimed at dismantling Iran’s nuclear capabilities and neutralizing what officials described as an imminent nuclear threat.

Israel’s campaign of airstrikes and covert sabotage from within Iran came on the 61st day of a 60-day deadline set by Trump for Tehran to secure a deal through diplomacy to curb the country’s nuclear activities.

After five rounds of negotiations with Washington, a potential agreement fell through when Iran announced it would continue its uranium enrichment and expand its nuclear program. Since then, the Islamist regime has faced mounting pressure to return to the negotiating table.

The US joined Israel’s airstrike campaign against Tehran by launching a large-scale military operation that destroyed three key nuclear enrichment facilities, including the heavily fortified Fordow site, ultimately leading to a US-brokered ceasefire.

The post BRICS Nations Rally Behind Iran, Condemn US and Israeli Strikes first appeared on Algemeiner.com.

Continue Reading

RSS

Iran Says Eight Arrested for Suspected Links to Israel’s Mossad Spy Agency

The Mossad recruitment ad. Photo: Screenshot.

Iran’s Revolutionary Guards said on Saturday they had arrested eight people suspected of trying to transmit the coordinates of sensitive sites and details about senior military figures to Israel’s Mossad, Iranian state media reported.

They are accused of having provided the information to the Mossad spy agency during Israel’s air war on Iran in June, when it attacked Iranian nuclear facilities and killed top military commanders as well as civilians in the worst blow to the Islamic Republic since the 1980s war with Iraq.

Iran retaliated with barrages of missiles on Israeli military sites, infrastructure and cities. The United States entered the war on June 22 with strikes on Iranian nuclear facilities.

A Guards statement alleged that the suspects had received specialized training from Mossad via online platforms. It said they were apprehended in northeastern Iran before carrying out their plans, and that materials for making launchers, bombs, explosives and booby traps had been seized.

State media reported earlier this month that Iranian police had arrested as many as 21,000 “suspects” during the 12-day war with Israel, though they did not say what these people had been suspected of doing.

Security forces conducted a campaign of widespread arrests and also stepped up their street presence during the brief war that ended in a US-brokered ceasefire.

Iran has executed at least eight people in recent months, including nuclear scientist Rouzbeh Vadi, hanged on August 9 for passing information to Israel about another scientist killed in Israeli airstrikes.

Human rights groups say Iran uses espionage charges and fast-tracked executions as tools for broader political repression.

Continue Reading

RSS

Body of Idan Shtivi, Murdered on Oct. 7, Retrieved from Gaza in Special IDF Operation

Idan Shtivi. Photo: Courtesy of the family

i24 NewsThe body of Idan Shtivi, a 28-year-old murdered by Palestinian jihadists at the Nova music festival on October 7, 2023, was recovered in a joint operation by the IDF and Shin Bet in central Gaza, it was cleared for publication on Saturday.

Shtivi’s remains were returned to Israel alongside the body of Ilan Weiss, another hostage killed during the October 7 massacre.

“Idan Shtivi was abducted from the Tel Gama area and brutally murdered by Hamas terrorists after acting to rescue and evacuate others from the Nova music festival on October 7th, 2023. He was 28 years old at the time of his death,” read an IDF press release.

“Following an identification process conducted at the National Center for Forensic Medicine, along with the Israel Police and the Military Rabbinate, the Hostages and Missing Persons Headquarters notified his family.”

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Shviti “was a gifted student of sustainability and governance, and a courageous individual” who acted heroically on October 7, helping others flee.

“He was killed in the process and his body was abducted to Gaza by Hamas. My wife and I send our heartfelt condolences to the Shtivi family. So far, 207 hostages have been returned, 148 of them alive. We will continue to act tirelessly and decisively to bring back all our hostages—living and deceased.”

Continue Reading

RSS

Woman Stabbed at Ottawa Grocery Store in Latest Antisemitic Attack

A social media post by the alleged attacker, Joseph Rooke of Cornwall, Ontario. Photo: Screenshot via i24

i24 NewsThe stabbing of a Jewish woman at an Ottawa grocery by a man with a long history of antisemitic posts on social media, the latest antisemitic hate crime in Canada, sparked outrage and prompted condemnation from officials including the prime minister.

Both the victim and the attacker are in their 70s. The woman is reportedly in serious condition.

The suspect was identified as Joseph Rooke, who has authored a series of lengthy rambling screeds on social media, ranting against Israel and Jews.

“Judaism is the world’s oldest cult,” he writes in one post, going on to say “over time jews have become insidious in governments, businesses, media conglomerates, and educational institutions in order to do what they do better than anyone else. Jews are the world’s masters of propaganda, gaslighting, demonization, demagoguery, and outright lying. Using their collective wealth they have become masters of reprisal.”

“I am under no obligation whatsoever, legal, moral, or otherwise, to like jews and I do not. If that means I meet the jewish definition of an anti-semite, so be it.”

Canada has seen a steep spike in antisemitic attacks over the past two years, including a recent incident in Montreal where a Hasidic Jew was beaten in front on his children.

After Prime Minister Mark Carney condemned the incident, many, including former Israel’s ambassador the US Michael Oren, pointed out that Carney’s rhetoric and policies contribute to the increasing insecurity of Canada’s Jewish community through uncritical embrace of outrageous and easily disprovable allegations that Israel and its supporters were guilty of the worst crimes against humanity.

Continue Reading

Copyright © 2017 - 2023 Jewish Post & News