Camp Massad hiring Community Care Director
Camp Massad is looking to fill a brand new position: Community Care Director. In a press release issued by the camp, the role of Community Care Director was outlined:
The role is a seasonal summer full-time position, with part-time hours before summer session begins. During the summer session the position includes evening hours. The Community Care Director will report to the Executive Director and Director of Programming and Engagement.
The responsibilities of the Community Care Director include, but are not limited to:
• Playing a leadership role in the planning and implementation of staff training in relation to mental, emotional, social, and spiritual health (MESSH);
• Creating and implementing programming for small groups of campers focused on wellness and social-emotional learning.
• Serving as a resource to campers throughout the summer in facing mental, emotional and social health challenges, and creating environments where campers can thrive.
• Managing information about camper needs, and communicating those to staff, as well as documenting communication and plans.
• Preparing reports to funding agencies in relationship to mental emotional and social health of Camp Massad, Manitoba and its campers, including sharing high-level understandings of interactions and interventions taking place throughout the summer.
• Participate in Foundation for Jewish Camp’s Community of Practice as part of our camp’s place in the Yedid Nefesh program, including two or three virtual gatherings and one in-person gathering per year with other Jewish camp mental health professionals.
• Be an active presence on-site at camp as a part of the community.
• Additional responsibilities as required.
• Graduate-level or higher degree in a mental health field. Including, but not limited to: social work, mental health counseling, psychology, youth psychiatry, family therapy, etc.
• 3-5 years of post-graduate work experience in a related field.
• Prior camp experience in working with young children is preferred
• Exceptional skill and capacity for engagement and relationship building with both children and their parents.
• Proven ability to plan, originate, and organize programs.
• Proven ability to provide emotional support to a wide range of ages.
• Strong understanding of, and a willingness to be creative with, strategies to ensure campers of varying needs can be part of a mainstreamed program.
• Be a leader, self-starter, and strong collaborator.
• Ability to accept guidance, constructive feedback, and support from teammates.
The ideal candidate is interested in being in this role for at least 3 years while our camp participates in the Yedid Nefesh program. This relationship will be reviewed on a yearly basis during that time, with the hope that the relationship can continue beyond the 3 year grant program period.
Apply by sending a cover letter and detailed resume to email@example.com with Community Care Director in the subject line.