RSS
Iran Issues Threat: ‘Soon We’ll See More Deadly Attacks Against Israel’
Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi addresses a Hamas solidarity rally in Tehran. Photo: Reuters/Sobhan Farajvan
i24 News — The spokesman of Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC), a US-designated terrorist organization, said on Wednesday that “we will soon witness further deadly attacks against Israel, and the resistance front will fulfill its duty.”
The comment came in response to a strike in the Syrian capital on Monday that was attributed to Israel.
Media outlets in Syria and Iran reported on the extraordinary attack that took place near the Iranian embassy in Damascus. Mohammad Reza Zahedi, also known as Hassan Mahdavi, the commander of the IRGC’s Quds Force in Syria and Lebanon, was killed in the strike. Zahedi previously commanded the IRGC air force and the Imam Hussein division. Mohammad Rahimi, Zahedi’s deputy, was also killed.
The Axios website reported on Tuesday that the United States had informed Iran that it was “not involved in the attack” and did not know in advance about the Israeli military’s intention to carry it out. Egypt’s Foreign Ministry also responded to the attack and condemned it: “We condemn the damage to the staff of the Iranian consulate in Damascus. We reject any and all attacks on diplomatic facilities. We stand in solidarity with our sister Syria in respect to its sovereignty, territorial integrity, and its people.”
In Israel, no official comment has been given yet, with the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) usually observing a policy of ambiguity with regards to strikes attributed to it in Syria. However, Defense Minister Yoav Gallant alluded to it at the security cabinet meeting held on Tuesday, saying “We are in a multi-front war, attacking and defending. We see this every day, including recently, and we are active everywhere every day to prevent the strengthening of our enemies and to make clear to anyone operating against us, all over the Middle East, that the price for acting against Israel will be heavy.”
A report in the New York Times on Wednesday said that Iran’s leadership is in a state of disagreement about the severity of the response to the assassination of Mohammed Reza Zahedi. The report suggested that Iran could fire long-range ballistic missiles directly at Israel from its territory, but those advocating this response are the “extremists” within the Iranian regime.
However, security analysts say it is unlikely Iran would attack Israel directly, and would likely carry out a response via its proxy terror groups. The Financial Times quoted a senior Iranian official who said that his country is not interested in escalating the conflict with Israel or the US. According to the report also published on Wednesday, the senior official added that “the attack in Damascus shows that Israel is the one interested in leading Iran into conflict.” The newspaper also quoted senior Israeli security officials who said that “the Iranians will try to attack Israeli targets in Europe, South America, and other places.”
The post Iran Issues Threat: ‘Soon We’ll See More Deadly Attacks Against Israel’ first appeared on Algemeiner.com.
RSS
UK Blocks Israeli Officials From Its Biggest Defense Show

Visitors look at ammunition on display at the Defense and Security Equipment International trade show in this file photo in London, Britain, Sept. 12, 2017. Photo: REUTERS/Hannah McKay
Britain has barred Israeli officials from its biggest defense trade show over its escalation of the war against Hamas in Gaza, its latest effort to pressure a historically close ally over the conflict.
Prime Minister Keir Starmer’s government said in July it would recognize a Palestinian state unless Israel took steps to relieve suffering in the enclave and met other conditions, enraging the Israeli government.
Israel’s Ministry of Defense said that as a result of the trade fair ban it would not run its national pavilion as it has done previously at London’s Defense & Security Equipment International (DSEI) event.
Israeli defense companies, such as Elbit Systems, Rafael, IAI, and Uvision, will still be able to attend.
Britain’s move had echoes of a dispute at the Paris Air Show three months ago, when France blocked off with black partitions the stands of Israeli defense companies after they refused to remove attack weapons from display, sparking a furious response from Israel.
A British government spokesperson said on Friday that the Israeli government’s decision to further escalate its military operation in Gaza was wrong.
“As a result, we can confirm that no Israeli government delegation will be invited to attend DSEI UK 2025.”
“There must be a diplomatic solution to end this war now, with an immediate ceasefire, the return of the hostages and a surge in humanitarian aid to the people of Gaza,” the spokesperson added.
Israel said Britain’s decision was a “regrettable act of discrimination” and “introduces political considerations wholly inappropriate for a professional defense industry exhibition.”
The four-day show, due to open on Sept. 9, features national delegations and private companies, who showcase military kit and weapons at London’s Excel center. The event takes place every other year.
DSEI is organized by a private company, Clarion Defense and Security, but with backing from the British government and the military.
RSS
Israel Pounds Gaza City Outskirts as Military Push Quickens

Palestinians gather near a cemetery as smoke rises following an explosion during an Israeli operation in Gaza City, Aug. 28, 2025. Photo: REUTERS/Dawoud Abu Alkas
Israel‘s military stepped up armed operations around Gaza City on Friday, ending temporary pauses there that had allowed for aid deliveries, as it announced the recovery of the body of Ilan Weiss, a hostage seized by Hamas.
Israel is pushing ahead with a plan to take full control of the whole Gaza Strip, starting with Gaza City, with the goal of destroying Hamas after nearly 23 months of war.
“The local tactical pause in military activity will not apply to the area of Gaza City, which constitutes a dangerous combat zone,” the Israeli military said.
The Gaza City campaign has gradually intensified over the past week as Israel has urged civilians to leave for the south of the Palestinian enclave.
The Israeli military‘s Arabic-language spokesman Avichay Adraee said the military was operating with great intensity on the outskirts of Gaza City and would “deepen our strikes” as it pressed its assault.
It announced daily 10-hour tactical pauses in fighting across the enclave and new aid corridors in late July, after months of restricted humanitarian deliveries drew international criticism.
RSS
Germany Tells Nationals to Leave Iran, Fearing Retaliation Over Move With UK, France to Restore UN Sanctions

United Kingdom’s Ambassador to the United Nations Barbara Woodward, accompanied by other E3 members German Ambassador Ricklef Beutin and Deputy French Ambassador Jay Dharmadhikari, speaks to members of the press about Iran and nuclear weapons outside the UN Security Council chamber at UN Headquarters in New York City, US, Aug. 29, 2025. Photo: REUTERS/Angelina Katsanis
Germany has told its nationals to leave Iran and refrain from traveling there to avoid getting caught in retaliatory acts by Tehran over Germany‘s role in triggering UN sanctions on Iran over its nuclear program.
Britain, France, and Germany on Thursday launched a 30-day process to reimpose UN sanctions on Iran over its disputed nuclear program, a step likely to stoke tensions two months after Israel and the United States bombed Iran.
“As Iranian government representatives have repeatedly threatened with consequences in this case, it cannot be ruled out that German interests and nationals will be affected by countermeasures in Iran,” the foreign ministry said in a statement posted on its website on Thursday.
“Currently, the German Embassy in Tehran can only provide limited consular assistance on site,” it warned.
Britain, France, and Germany urged Iran at the United Nations on Friday to meet three requirements so their threat of reimposing UN sanctions can be delayed to allow space for talks on a deal to address their concerns about Tehran’s nuclear program.
UN envoys for the three countries – known as the E3 – issued a joint statement before a closed-door Security Council meeting.
The E3 offered to delay reinstating sanctions – known as snapback – for up to six months if Iran restored access for UN nuclear inspectors, addressed concerns about its stock of enriched uranium, and engaged in talks with the United States.
“Our asks were fair and realistic,” said Britain’s UN Ambassador Barbara Woodward, who read the statement. “However, as of today, Iran has shown no indication that it is serious about meeting them.”
“We urge Iran to reconsider this position, to reach an agreement based on our offer, and to help create the space for a diplomatic solution to this issue for the long term,” she said, with her German and French counterparts standing next to her.
In response, Iran‘s UN Ambassador Amir Saeid Iravani said the E3 offer was “full of unrealistic preconditions.”
“They are demanding conditions that should be the outcome of negotiations, not the starting point, and they know these demands cannot be met,” he told reporters.
Iravani said the E3 should instead back “a short, unconditional technical extension of Resolution 2231,” which enshrines a 2015 nuclear deal that lifted UN and Western sanctions on Iran in return for curbs on its nuclear program.
SINO-RUSSIAN DRAFT
Russia and China have proposed a draft UN Security Council resolution that would extend the 2015 deal for six months and urge all parties to immediately resume negotiations. But they have not yet asked for a vote.
The pair, strategic allies of Iran, have removed controversial language from the draft – which they initially proposed on Sunday – that would have blocked the E3 from reimposing UN sanctions on Iran.
Iravani described the Russian and Chinese draft resolution as a practical step to give diplomacy more time. A resolution needs at least nine votes in favor and no vetoes by the US, France, Britain, China, or Russia.
UN nuclear inspectors have returned to Iran for the first time since it suspended cooperation with them after attacks in June on its nuclear sites by Israel and the United States. But Iran has not yet reached an agreement on how it would resume full work with the International Atomic Energy Agency.