Connect with us

RSS

Iran Issues Threat: ‘Soon We’ll See More Deadly Attacks Against Israel’

Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi addresses a Hamas solidarity rally in Tehran. Photo: Reuters/Sobhan Farajvan

i24 News — The spokesman of Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC), a US-designated terrorist organization, said on Wednesday that “we will soon witness further deadly attacks against Israel, and the resistance front will fulfill its duty.”

The comment came in response to a strike in the Syrian capital on Monday that was attributed to Israel.

Media outlets in Syria and Iran reported on the extraordinary attack that took place near the Iranian embassy in Damascus. Mohammad Reza Zahedi, also known as Hassan Mahdavi, the commander of the IRGC’s Quds Force in Syria and Lebanon, was killed in the strike. Zahedi previously commanded the IRGC air force and the Imam Hussein division. Mohammad Rahimi, Zahedi’s deputy, was also killed.

The Axios website reported on Tuesday that the United States had informed Iran that it was “not involved in the attack” and did not know in advance about the Israeli military’s intention to carry it out. Egypt’s Foreign Ministry also responded to the attack and condemned it: “We condemn the damage to the staff of the Iranian consulate in Damascus. We reject any and all attacks on diplomatic facilities. We stand in solidarity with our sister Syria in respect to its sovereignty, territorial integrity, and its people.”

In Israel, no official comment has been given yet, with the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) usually observing a policy of ambiguity with regards to strikes attributed to it in Syria. However, Defense Minister Yoav Gallant alluded to it at the security cabinet meeting held on Tuesday, saying “We are in a multi-front war, attacking and defending. We see this every day, including recently, and we are active everywhere every day to prevent the strengthening of our enemies and to make clear to anyone operating against us, all over the Middle East, that the price for acting against Israel will be heavy.”

A report in the New York Times on Wednesday said that Iran’s leadership is in a state of disagreement about the severity of the response to the assassination of Mohammed Reza Zahedi. The report suggested that Iran could fire long-range ballistic missiles directly at Israel from its territory, but those advocating this response are the “extremists” within the Iranian regime.

However, security analysts say it is unlikely Iran would attack Israel directly, and would likely carry out a response via its proxy terror groups. The Financial Times quoted a senior Iranian official who said that his country is not interested in escalating the conflict with Israel or the US. According to the report also published on Wednesday, the senior official added that “the attack in Damascus shows that Israel is the one interested in leading Iran into conflict.” The newspaper also quoted senior Israeli security officials who said that “the Iranians will try to attack Israeli targets in Europe, South America, and other places.”

The post Iran Issues Threat: ‘Soon We’ll See More Deadly Attacks Against Israel’ first appeared on Algemeiner.com.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

RSS

OCAD University student is seeking $1M in damages—alleging a lack of protection from threats and abuse

Samantha Kline, 22, presented photos of antisemitic graffiti she says targeted her.

The post OCAD University student is seeking $1M in damages—alleging a lack of protection from threats and abuse appeared first on The Canadian Jewish News.

Continue Reading

RSS

Palestinian Islamic Jihad Releases New Propaganda Video of Israeli Hostage

Israeli hostage Alexander (Sasha) Trufanov as seen in a propaganda video released by Palestinian Islamic Jihad. Photo: Screenshot

The Palestinian Islamic Jihad terrorist group on Tuesday released a short propaganda video featuring Israeli hostage Alexander (Sasha) Trufanov, 28, who was kidnapped by Palestinian terrorists during Hamas’ Oct. 7 massacre across southern Israel.

The 30-second undated video shows Trufanov, an Amazon employee, identifying himself and saying that he will soon discuss what has happened to him and other hostages in Gaza.

Similar videos have been released by terrorists groups in Gaza. Israel has lambasted them as psychological warfare.

Trufanov’s mother said in a video released by the family that she was happy to see her son after all this time, but “it was heartbreaking” that he had been a hostage for so long.

Trufanov was an engineer at the Israeli microelectronics company Annapurna Labs, which Amazon owns.

Hamas-led Palestinian terrorists abducted over 250 people during their Oct. 7 onslaught. Trufanov was kidnapped alongside his mother, grandmother, and girlfriend.

All three were released as part of a temporary ceasefire agreement negotiated in November. His father, Vitaly Trufanov, was one of the 1,200 people killed during the Hamas massacre.

“The proof of life from Alexsander (Sasha) Trufanov is additional evidence that the Israeli government must give a significant mandate to the negotiating team,” the Hostages Families Forum, which represents the families of the hostages, said in a statement.

More than 120 hostages remain in Gaza, which is ruled by Hamas. Islamic Jihad is a separate but allied terrorist organization in the Palestinian enclave. Both are backed by Iran, which provides them with money, weapons, and training.

Negotiations brokered by Qatar, Egypt, and the US to reach a ceasefire agreement between Israel and Hamas in Gaza have been stalled for weeks.

The post Palestinian Islamic Jihad Releases New Propaganda Video of Israeli Hostage first appeared on Algemeiner.com.

Continue Reading

RSS

Gal Gadot’s Action Movie Nabs Second Place on Netflix List of Most Watched Films in Second Half of 2023

Gal Gadot as Rachel Stone in a scene from the trailer for “Heart of Stone.” Photo: YouTube screenshot

Netflix released its engagement report that details the films with the most views from July 1 to Dec. 31, 2023, and Israeli actress Gal Gadot’s action thriller Heart of Stone secured the number two spot with 109.6 million views.

The film — starring Gadot alongside Jamie Dornan and Bollywood actress Alia Bhatt in leading roles — was the runner-up to Leave the World Behind, the drama starring Julia Roberts, Mahershala Ali, and Ethan Hawke that garnered 121 million views on Netflix.

Heart of Stone, directed by Tom Harper, was released on the streaming giant on Aug. 11 of last year. The action film is about international intelligence operative Rachel Stone, played by Gadot, who goes on a mission to protect an artificial intelligence system, known as The Heart, from falling in the wrong hands. The film was produced by Pilot Wave, a company founded by Gadot and her husband Jaron Varsano.

Gadot also stars in Netflix’s most popular film of all time, Red Notice, alongside Dwayne Johnson and Ryan Reynolds.

The post Gal Gadot’s Action Movie Nabs Second Place on Netflix List of Most Watched Films in Second Half of 2023 first appeared on Algemeiner.com.

Continue Reading

Copyright © 2017 - 2023 Jewish Post & News