Connect with us
Israel Bonds RRSP

RSS

Israeli Hostage Forced to Say Fellow Captives Dead in Latest Hamas Video

An Israeli soldier walks near pictures that are part of an installation at the site of the Nova festival, where people were killed and kidnapped during the Oct. 7 attack by Hamas, in Reim, southern Israel, Jan. 14, 2024. Photo: REUTERS/Tyrone Siu

The Palestinian terror group Hamas on Monday released a new video of an Israeli hostage being forced to report that two of her fellow captives in Gaza have been killed.

The disturbing video featured 26-year-old Noa Argamani — who was filmed on now-viral video being abducted from the Nova music festival during Hamas’ Oct. 7 massacre across southern Israel — saying that Itay Svirsky, 38, and Yossi Sharabi, 53, both of whom were kidnapped the same day by Hamas terrorists, are dead.

“I was located in a building,” Argamani said in the Hamas video, evidently under distress and seemingly reading a script in front of a blank white wall. “It was bombed by an IDF [Israel Defense Forces] air strike, an F16 fighter jet. Three rockets hit us — two of the rockets exploded, and one did not. We were in the building with Al Qassam [Hamas] soldiers and three hostages: myself, Itay Svirsky, and Yossef Sharabi.”

Argamani added that they were all buried in rubble after the building was hit. “Al Qassam soldiers saved my life and Itay’s,” she said. “Unfortunately, we were not able to save Yossi’s.”

“After many days … two nights, Itay and I were relocated to another place,” she continued. “While we were being transported, Itay was hit by an IDF airstrike. He did not survive.”

Argamani said she suffered a head injury during the ordeal before addressing Svirsky and Sharabi. “They died because of our own IDF airstrikes,” she said to conclude the video. “Stop this madness and bring us home to our families. While we are still alive, bring us home.”

The Algemeiner was unable to verify what had happened to the three hostages. However, Israel’s chief military spokesperson disputed some of Hamas’ claims, specifying that Svirsky was not killed by Israeli fire.

“Itay was not killed by our forces. This is a Hamas lie. The building where they were held was not a target and was not attacked by our forces,” said IDF Spokesman Rear Adm. Daniel Hagari. “We don’t attack a place if we know there may be hostages inside.” Hagari noted that areas nearby had been targeted.

Still, Hagari said on Monday that there was serious concern about the fate of those purported to be dead in the video, adding that the Israeli military notified the families of two hostages held by Hamas in Gaza the Gaza Strip that it had concerns regarding their well-being. The IDF reportedly believes that Argamani  is alive.

The video was the latest in what Israel has described as Hamas’ psychological warfare since the outbreak of war in October meant to cause distress in Israeli society and pressure Jerusalem to stop its military campaign in Hamas-ruled Gaza. Israel launched its offensive following the atrocities of Oct. 7 — when Hamas-led Palestinian terrorists invaded southern Israel, murdering 1,200 people and kidnapping 240 others as hostages — with the stated aim of freeing the hostages and incapacitating Hamas as a threat.

Monday’s video followed a previous Hamas production from the prior day, when the terror group released chilling footage featuring undated, edited-together clips of Argamani, Svirsky, and Sharabi identifying themselves to the camera, describing their plight, and asking to go home.

The 37-second clip, which marked 100 days since the hostages’ abduction, ended with the chyron: “Tomorrow [Monday] we will inform you of their fate.”

Hamas then teased in a follow-up video, released earlier on Monday, that the three hostages could either be killed, injured or spared, asking viewers for their opinions. The video — which preceded the latest one of Argamani reporting her fellow captives’ deaths — showed the three hostages’ faces.

“What do you think?” the Palestinian terrorists said of the captives. Hamas then offered three options for the innocent victims: all three are killed; “some are killed, some are injured,” or all three are spared.

It ended with the message: “Tonight we will inform you of their fate.”

Argamani became widely known after footage was shown of her being kidnapped at the Nova music festival alongside her boyfriend, Avinatan Or. They were last seen being taken away by terrorists on a motorcycle from the festival where 364 civilians were killed and 40 abducted as hostages.

Argamani’s mother, Liora, has terminal cancer and has made pleas in international forums calling for her daughter’s release.

Svirsky was visiting Kibbutz Beeri on the day of the Oct. 7 massacre when he was kidnapped. His parents, Orit and Rafi, were among the 130 residents of the Gaza border town murdered by terrorists that day.

Sharabi was also taken hostage from Kibbutz Beeri alongside his brother and their 18-year-old family member Ofir, who was released during a temporary Israel-Hamas ceasefire in November.

Hamas is still holding over 130 hostages, according to the Israeli government, with some believed to have been killed by the terrorists in captivity. Over 100 captives were released as part of a temporary Israel-Hamas truce in late November.

The Iran-backed terror group said on Sunday that it had lost contact with some hostages as Israel continued its military campaign in Gaza.

“The fate of many of the enemy’s hostages and detainees has become unknown in recent weeks and the rest are all in the tunnel of the unknown due to the Zionist aggression,” Hamas spokesperson Abu Obeida said in a televised statement. “Most likely, many of them were killed recently, the rest are in great danger every hour, and the enemy’s leadership and army bear full responsibility.”

The post Israeli Hostage Forced to Say Fellow Captives Dead in Latest Hamas Video first appeared on Algemeiner.com.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

RSS

‘The mobs will not silence my voice’ says Conservative MP Melissa Lantsman after her Thornhill office is plastered with anti-Israel posters

Posters slamming Israel and decrying Canada’s suspension of funding to UNRWA were found at the Thornhill, Ont., offices of Melissa Lantsman, a pro-Israel and Jewish Conservative MP who serves as deputy leader of the Official Opposition.   “Blood on Your Hands,” “Stop Arming Israel” and “Fund UNRWA Now” were among the messages found taped to […]

The post ‘The mobs will not silence my voice’ says Conservative MP Melissa Lantsman after her Thornhill office is plastered with anti-Israel posters appeared first on The Canadian Jewish News.

Continue Reading

RSS

IDF Chief Weighs in on Ultra-Orthodox Military Service, Week After New Draft Bill Proposed

FILE PHOTO: Israel Defense Forces Chief of Staff Herzi Halevi speaks during his transition ceremony with the Prime Minister, Defense Minister, and the outgoing chief, in Jerusalem, January 16, 2023. Maya Alleruzzo/Pool via REUTERS

IDF Chief of Staff Herzi Halevi called on the ultra-Orthodox public to mobilize for the current and future wars, a position at odds with their historic role in the state, in which they enjoy near blanket exemptions from military service.

“In these challenging days, there is one thing that is very clear: Everyone should mobilize for the defense of the homeland,” Halevi said.

He added: “This is a different era, and what was before it will certainly be re-examined. The IDF has always sought to bring into its ranks from all sections of Israeli society. This war illustrates the need to change. Join the service, protect the homeland. We have a historic opportunity to expand the sources of recruitment for the IDF at a time when the necessity is very high. We will know how to create the right solutions and conditions for any population that will join this noble mission.”

The issue of ultra-Orthodox enlistment in the IDF has been a hot button issue since the state’s establishment in 1948 and, in more recent years, the cause of wide scale backlash against the community. As part of an agreement when the state was founded, the ultra-Orthodox public was exempted completely from service. However, as the years progressed and the population grew exponentially, critics of the policy decried the unfairness of it.

A bill last week was introduced by the ruling Likud Party that called for an increase in military service time, particularly for reserve forces, yet failed to discuss the ultra-Orthodox issue. Backlash from both opposition and coalition members was swift.

Finance Minister Bezalel Smotrich at the time said, “The ultra-Orthodox public is dear and loved and contributes a lot to the State of Israel, and it is now essential that it also take a more significant part in the tasks of defense and security. This move should happen out of dialogue and discussion and not by coercion or, God forbid, by defamation. Religious Zionism proves that it is possible to combine Torah study and observance of minor and severe mitzvot together with military service at the front. My ultra-Orthodox brothers, we need you!”

Halevi’s comments were his first on the highly contentious issue.

The post IDF Chief Weighs in on Ultra-Orthodox Military Service, Week After New Draft Bill Proposed first appeared on Algemeiner.com.

Continue Reading

RSS

Israeli victims of the Oct. 7 attacks present their case to the International Criminal Court, hoping for arrest warrants against Hamas

A legal brief documenting the kidnapping, rape, torture and executions of Israelis who are being held hostage by Hamas terrorists in Gaza has been filed at the International Criminal Court by the Canadian-based Raoul Wallenberg Centre for Human Rights. The 1,000-page dossier documents the brutality of the Oct. 7 Hamas attacks on Israel, which killed […]

The post Israeli victims of the Oct. 7 attacks present their case to the International Criminal Court, hoping for arrest warrants against Hamas appeared first on The Canadian Jewish News.

Continue Reading

Copyright © 2017 - 2023 Jewish Post & News