Connect with us
Israel Bonds RRSP

RSS

Son of Hamas Co-Founder Calls for Israel to Kill His Father Along With All Terror Group Chiefs in Gaza, Qatar

Mosab Hassan Yousef, the son of Hamas co-founder Sheikh Hassan Yousef, speaking at the University of Michigan on Nov. 28, 2023. Photo: Screenshot

The disowned son of a Hamas co-founder on Thursday evening called on Israel to kill his father along with all leaders of the Palestinian terror group, saying that failure to do so would result in the terrorists “ethnically cleansing humanity.”

Mosab Hassan Yousef — the son of Sheikh Hassan Yousef, who was most recently released from an Israeli prison in July of this year after spending 21 months in detention — said that it was incumbent on Israel to set a definitive timeline for the release of all hostages held by Hamas in Gaza, and that if the timeline is not met, the country should proceed to eliminate top Hamas leaders, including his own father.

“If it wasn’t for me he would have died in the Second Intifada,” Yousef told The Algemeiner on a video call with reporters in Jerusalem, adding that it was a “mistake to save his life.”

“My father said I was no longer his son and called for my killing,” he continued. He went on to cite former Israeli Prime Minister Golda Meir in saying peace was only possible once “the Arabs would love their children more than they hate” the Jews.

“All Hamas leaders must die for gambling with children’s blood,” said Yousef, who converted from Islam to Christianity.

Yousef’s proposal extended beyond the immediate execution of terrorists in prison, and called for a broader campaign against Hamas chiefs in both Gaza and Qatar, which hosts and finances leaders of the terror group. The 45-year-old, who famously served as a spy for Israel from 1997 to 2007, said such actions are essential for the defeat of Hamas. He criticized Israel’s policy of exchanging prisoners for hostages, arguing it strengthens potential perpetrators of future violence.

“I don’t recommend the release of a single terrorist. We cannot compromise or bend to global pressure when it comes to Hamas. We must apply the death penalty,” he said, citing the release of Hamas’ chief in Gaza, Yahya Sinwar, in the 2011 prisoner exchange deal with Gilad Shalit. “Look what happened. He was the architect of Oct. 7.”

On Oct. 7, Palestinian terrorists led by Hamas invaded southern Israel and massacred over 1,200 people, mostly civilians, launching the current war. They also abducted more than 240 people as hostages and took them back to Gaza, the Palestinian enclave ruled by Hamas.

Dozens of the captives had been released over the past week as part of a temporary ceasefire deal in which some of the hostages were freed in exchange for prisoners jailed in Israel. Fighting between Israel and Hamas resumed on Friday, however, as the truce collapsed.

Yousef warned that now that most of the women and children had been returned, Hamas was likely to attempt to extend the truce as long as possible so that it could recalibrate and rearm. The rest of the hostages still in Gaza, averred Yousef, should be treated as “war prisoners” and Israel’s efforts should be centered on eradicating the terror group.

“Hamas uses the truce to claim legitimacy,” he said. Referring to his childhood as the son of Hamas, or the Green Prince as he later became known to Israel’s Shin Bet security agency with whom he collaborated, Yousef said he was always aware of Hamas’ brutality and that his “basic instinct as a child was not to like them.”

Yousef assailed some European countries for their “blindness” when it came to Hamas.

“I don’t understand why the world is so blind,” he said.

“European leaders are coming in the midst of war and instead of standing with Israel they start proposing stupid ideas,” he added, referring to the fact that many countries in Europe have called for Israel to show restraint and seek a long-term ceasefire. “We are not in the middle of a peace process; we are in middle of existential war.”

“It’s not time to speak about peace and negotiations.”

Hamas “ethnically cleansed close to 20 communities based on their race, ethnicity, and religion, and this is what defines genocide,” he said of Hamas’ Oct. 7 massacre. “And yet some of us still argue whether Israel has the right to respond.”

“Their first crime was genocide. Their second crime was taking human shields,” Yousef said, referencing both the abduction of Israelis and the Gazan civilian population, in which Hamas embeds itself.

Rebuffing comparisons between civilian casualties in Gaza and victims of Oct. 7, Yousef said the first group are “victims of genocide” while the second are “war victims because they’re being used as human shields by Hamas, the governing body.”

“There’s a big difference,” he said, and added that the war “should not be measured by how many died on each side.”

According to Yousef, with every round of conflict with Hamas, from Operation Cast Lead in 2008-2009 and through today, the terror group has become increasingly emboldened and more violent as a result of Israeli concessions.

“Democracies should never negotiate with terrorists,” he said.

“Anyone who believes in justice knows we have to eradicate Hamas and if we don’t all humanity will pay the price. This is not only Israel’s fight. This is the fight of every free person in the world,” he added.

“They lied when they said they are a Palestinian resistance group,” Yousef said of Hamas. “They are a religious group waging holy war against the whole world, not only Israel. They want to dominate the globe.”

The post Son of Hamas Co-Founder Calls for Israel to Kill His Father Along With All Terror Group Chiefs in Gaza, Qatar first appeared on Algemeiner.com.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

RSS

Comedian Who Orchestrated ‘Antisemitic Rally’ is Banned by Top London Theater

The Soho Theater in London’s West End. Photo: Ewan Monro/Creative Commons

A leading London theater has banned the comedian whose show last weekend caused a furor after it turned into what some members of the audience likened to an “antisemitic rally.”

In a statement on Monday, the Soho Theater said that the comedian, Paul Currie, would not be “invited back to perform at our venue.”

During his show last Saturday night, Jewish members of the audience were hounded out of the auditorium by a baying crowd led by Currie — whose mimed show purposefully includes music but no verbal communication with the audience — after one Jewish man, who is an Israeli citizen, refused to stand in tribute to the Palestinian flag which Currie brought on stage.

After the round of applause was over, Currie pointed to the man and quizzed him over why he had remained seated.

The unnamed Israeli man replied, “I enjoyed your show until you brought out the Palestinian flag.” An infuriated Currie began screaming, “Leave my show now! Get out of my f—-ing show!” in response.

As the man and his partner rose to leave, accompanied by a handful of other shocked audience members, the assembled crowd began chanting “Get out” and “Free Palestine.”

In a written complaint to the theater over his treatment, the man wrote: “Shaken and feeling threatened by the growing antagonism, we exited and tried to complain/get some support from the front-of-house team at the theatre, who were not very sympathetic but did give us an email address to make a complaint. By this time, the show had ended and the audience started exiting, a number of whom were glaring at us aggressively and in a very threatening way. We all left the scene.”

He added: “Our friends later received a message from someone they knew who had also been at the show, saying that after we left, the situation became even more inflamed. What had been intended to be an evening of comedy turned out to be what felt like an antisemitic rally.”

In its statement disavowing Currie, the Soho Theater noted that “following the end of Paul Currie’s show, ‘Shtoom,’ Jewish members of the audience were subjected to verbal abuse and the performer aggressively demanding they leave the theater.”

It continued: “Such appalling actions are unacceptable and have no place on our stages, now or ever. We will not be inviting Paul Currie back to perform at our venue.”

The theater said that it had met with representatives of the Campaign Against Antisemitism (CAA), which has been providing support and advice to the affected audience members, as well as with the police.

In a separate statement, the CAA expressed appreciation for the theater’s decision, confirming that it was still examining legal action against Currie under British anti-discrimination laws.

It said that the theater “has engaged with us positively and swiftly. It is clear that the venue was caught by surprise. The show was supposed to be non-verbal, and had been on previous evenings. Soho Theatre has clearly condemned Paul Currie and confirmed that he will never again perform on their stage. The theatre is cooperating with the police investigation. We will be arranging for senior representatives of the theatre to meet with Jewish members of the audience to talk about what happened.”

The CAA emphasized that it was “continuing to review legal options in respect of Mr Currie and are discussing the matter with members of the audience.”

The post Comedian Who Orchestrated ‘Antisemitic Rally’ is Banned by Top London Theater first appeared on Algemeiner.com.

Continue Reading

RSS

Jewish Man Stabbed Six Times During Antisemitic Assault in Paris

ILLUSTRATIVE Nearly 200,000 people took to the streets of Paris to protest rising antisemitism on Nov. 2023. Photo: Reuters/Claire Serie

Police in Paris have arrested a man over the stabbing of a Jewish man on Monday night by a former friend of the victim who is said to have become “obsessed” with Jews.

According to an eyewitness, the 35-year-old victim, who has not been named, was walking with his partner in the 14th arrondissement of the French capital when they were confronted by the assailant, who was armed with a knife. The assailant was reported to have uttered antisemitic invective before stabbing the man in the back six times.

Police said that the victim was rushed to hospital for emergency treatment. Journalists who visited the site of the attack on Tuesday reported that blood stains still remained on the sidewalk outside the launderette where the stabbing took place.

According to Le Parisien, a news outlet, the assailant fled down a nearby street after stabbing his victim. He was arrested several hours later at his home address. The paper said that the victim and the assailant had been friendly during childhood and had recently “reconnected,” only for the victim to discover that his former friend has developed an “obsession” with Jews. The victim had already filed a complaint with the police for antisemitic threats and malicious phone calls from the assailant.

Residents and traders in the area where the attack took place expressed their shock. “The world has gone crazy,” one fruit stall holder told Le Parisien. “Most of the time here, it’s quiet. Everybody knows each other.”

In a statement posted to X/Twitter, the Union of Jewish Students in France (UEJF) said it was “deeply shocked” by the attack.

“All our thoughts are with the victim, to whom we wish a speedy recovery,” the UEJF said.

Antisemitic incidents have skyrocketed in France since the Oct. 7 Hamas pogrom in Israel.

Last month, the French-Jewish umbrella organization Crif disclosed that 1676 antisemitic incidents had been recorded in 2023 — four times the number registered during the previous year and an unprecedented record.

While in past years the majority of the incidents involved vandalism of property, in 2023, 58 percent of the incidents recorded were directed against people, with 13 percent occurring in schools.

The Oct. 7 atrocities had “acted like a catalyst for hatred by activating latent antisemitism,” Crif president Yonathan Arfi said.

The post Jewish Man Stabbed Six Times During Antisemitic Assault in Paris first appeared on Algemeiner.com.

Continue Reading

RSS

An Israeli Baseball Star Inspires Our Community, and Unites All Jews

Assaf Lowengart. Photo: Israel Baseball’s X account.

The Jewish sports world is abuzz after Assaf Lowengart signed with the New York Boulders of the independent Frontier League, making him the first Israeli-born position player to sign a professional baseball contract in the US. Lowengart signed on Feb. 9, and the local Jewish community of Rockland has already wholeheartedly embraced him.

JTA reports:

The support Lowengart has felt from the Jewish community is one reason he is looking forward to joining the Boulders, who play in a county where roughly a third of the residents are Jewish, many of them Orthodox … “Being able to come back there with the big Jewish community, it’s going to be pretty amazing,” Lowengart said. “I’ve been in many colleges, and the Jewish communities usually weren’t that big. So it’s going to be a pretty cool experience being connected to the Jewish community this time, having them behind me, having them support me and being able to contribute back to them.”

This “pretty amazing” support of the heavily Orthodox local community for the secular and nonobservant Lowengart is a masterclass of the Jewish unity — or achdut — that we need so desperately. We’ve seen such achdut, with Israel at war; secular and religious, left and right have connected on the basis of their shared Jewishness as opposed to harping on their differences.

Admittedly, the Boulders are not the Yankees or the Mets; Rockland’s Jewish community is excited to have Lowengart in their county not because he’s a celebrity, but because he’s their brother. That some of these fans may be of a different religious strata than Assaf is of no consequence here, proving the phrase from the Shabbat prayer yekum purkan is alive and well: “kol yisrael achehem” — “all Jews are brothers!”

Rockland’s Jews are continuing a tradition of achdut and baseball. Shtetl Jews who immigrated to America in the early 20th century were known to support Jewish ballplayers with fierce attachment. Some didn’t understand or even like baseball, but if a Jew was in the lineup, they would go to support him. This came to a head in 1923, when the New York Giants baseball team had a problem. The cross-town Bronx squad, the Yankees, had Babe Ruth, the Sultan of Swat, whose towering home runs drew fans, ticket sales, and wins away from the Giants.

How to get fans and victory back to the Polo Grounds? Giants manager John McGraw explained: “We appreciate that many of the fans in New York are Jews, and we have been trying to land a prospect of Jewish blood.” They signed Mose Solomon, who set the minor league home run record that year, billed as “The Rabbi of Swat,” to compete with Ruth. And in his first week as a Giant, the plan was working as Mose batted .375 and drew tremendous crowds of Jews coming to see him. But that was it: one week, and Solomon was gone from the Majors forever, as his terrible fielding made him a liability. The Yankees went on to win their first World Series that year, have dominated the game ever since, and ran the Giants out of town to San Francisco.

But the Jews who came to watch Solomon in the two games he appeared in didn’t care that he was a clumsy outfielder. He was a fellow Jew. We wish Assaf Lowengart better luck on the field than Mose, and continued Jewish solidarity, love, and support.

Joshua Blustein is a student at the University of Chicago Law School.

The post An Israeli Baseball Star Inspires Our Community, and Unites All Jews first appeared on Algemeiner.com.

Continue Reading

Copyright © 2017 - 2023 Jewish Post & News