RSS
YouTube Suspends Candace Owens, Demonetizes Her Account for ‘Hate Speech’ in Kanye West Interview
Candace Owens speaks at CPAC on March 2, 2023. Photo: Lev Radin via Reuters Connect
YouTube suspended far-right political commentator Candace Owens from its platform for one week and demonetized her account after she shared a previously-unreleased 2022 interview with Kanye West in which the rapper, who now legally goes by the name Ye, made a series of antisemitic remarks.
YouTube also said it removed three episodes from the Candace Owens YouTube channel, including the Owens-West interview because the episode violates the platform’s “hate speech policies.”
Owens shared the news Monday afternoon on her X account and blamed the move on “Zionists.” She shared screenshots of the YouTube messages she received about her account, and wrote in one post on X: “There will be no show today, or at all this week. That’s because @YouTube has issued me a strike and a one week suspension for my sit down with Kanye. They also removed the interview as ‘hate speech’, as it was mass reported by Zionists. Their tactics never change.”
She said in another post, “We all know exactly who is behind this and why,” and claimed in a video message shared on X that Zionists launched “financial terrorism” and “harassment campaigns” against her. The media personality said she’s not upset about the YouTube suspension because “I don’t belong to Zionists, I don’t belong to YouTube, I don’t belong to any of these [Jewish] groups, whether it’s the ADL [Anti-Defamation League] who are making these calls behind the scenes. My platform belongs to God and it’s the people around the world that are supporting me.”
“I’m not going to be compelled to support evil,” she added in her video.
Photo: Screenshot
In a separate post on X, Owens defended comments made by West in their 2022 interview. She claimed that during her discussion with the “Flashing Lights” singer, “Ye was calm, and filled with love—speaking about the world coming together to defeat evil.”
On Aug. 7, Owens published on her YouTube channel an interview she did with West on Oct. 17, 2022, for her podcast “Candace.” During their conversation, the controversial rapper made a number of claims about his “Jewish doctor” and “Jewish trainer,” as well as the “Jewish media” allegedly conspiring against him. He repeatedly talked about the Jewish community, compared high abortion rates among Blacks to the Holocaust, and said, “Jewish businessmen are the ones who have done the things to me to hurt me and my friends.” West also discussed during their 2022 interview the notoriously antisemitic tweet he published that year about wanting to physically harm Jews.
YouTube’s decision to suspend Owens and demonetize her account came after she made offensive remarks last week about Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson, the late spiritual leader of the Jewish Chabad-Lubavitch movement who was also known as the Lubavitcher Rebbe.
On Sept. 4, Owens appeared in an episode of the YouTube channel “Piers Morgan Uncensored” with fellow guest Rabbi Shmuley Boteach, a former Chabad emissary. While debating Boteach on Piers Morgan’s show, Owens falsely claimed Schneerson, who died in 1994, “preached Jewish supremacism, the hatred of all non-Jews.” She added, “You can go through his speeches and you will see that he continually talks about how non-Jews should be treated and that, again, we are a different species.”
Yaacov Behrman, a spokesperson for the Chabad-Lubavitch headquarters in Crown Heights, Brooklyn, responded to Owens’ accusations by accusing her of displaying “utter ignorance” for labeling Schneerson as a Jewish supremacist. Chabad’s official X account shared a long thread about the spiritual leader’s life and wrote in part: “The Rebbe saw the importance of each individual, no matter how ordinary they might seem. His door was open to all. The Rebbe dedicated hours daily to personally responding to letters from people worldwide.”
The post YouTube Suspends Candace Owens, Demonetizes Her Account for ‘Hate Speech’ in Kanye West Interview first appeared on Algemeiner.com.
RSS
US Moves Patriot Missile Batteries from South Korea to Middle East

A Patriot missile battery. Photo: IDF.
i24 News – American Patriot missile defense batteries will be moved from South Korea to the Middle East, according to reports in Asian media on Friday, amid speculation over a potential military action against Iran’s nuclear program and escalating bombardments of Iran-backed jihadists in Yemen.
US President Donald Trump threatened Iran on Sunday with bombing and secondary tariffs if Tehran did not come to an agreement with Washington over its nuclear program, and the United States has moved additional warplanes into the region.
Washington and Seoul have reportedly recently agreed on the “monthslong” partial deployment of the Patriot Advanced Capability-3, in what is understood to be the first known case involving the relocation of United States Forces Korea (USFK) assets to the Middle East.
Iran in recent years has largely dropped the pretense of enriching uranium for a civilian atomic energy program, as it’s reportedly teetering on the nuclear precipice. Israel believes that a nuclear Iran represents a grave existential threat, consistent with the exterminationist antisemitism of the Islamic Republic’s anti-Israel rhetoric.
After the election of Trump, a known Iran hawk, the likelihood of an U.S.-Israeli attack on Iran’s nuclear facilities has increased precipitously.
The post US Moves Patriot Missile Batteries from South Korea to Middle East first appeared on Algemeiner.com.
RSS
Report: Iranian Plot to Assassinate Azerbaijani Rabbi Foiled

The Azerbaijani capital of Baku. Photo: Wikimedia Commons.
i24 News – Iran enlisted the services of a Georgian drug trafficker to carry out an assassination of a prominent Azerbaijani rabbi, the Washington Post reported Saturday, citing security officials.
The plot to murder Rabbi Shneor Segal, foiled by the State Security Service of Azerbaijan in early January, also involved a plan to attack a Jewish education center, the officials said.
The plot was set in motion by an officer with Iran’s Quds Force, who met with Georgian criminal Agil Aslanov, handing him a photo of Segal and detailed instructions on how to murder him, the officials cited by WaPo said. Aslanov’s fee for the foiled hit was $200,000.
The State Security Service said the two men “worked to collect information about a member of a religious community, and sent the location of his residence and workplace to a representative of a foreign special service agency via the appropriate mobile phone application.”
Iran is known to be behind multiple plots against Israeli and Jewish targets, many of which have been foiled by Israeli and foreign security services.
However a recent plot saw three citizens of Uzbekistan murder an Israeli rabbi in the United Arab Emirates on Iranian orders. The three were sentenced to death earlier this week for the murder of Zvi Kogan in November.
The post Report: Iranian Plot to Assassinate Azerbaijani Rabbi Foiled first appeared on Algemeiner.com.
RSS
Netanyahu to Depart for Washington on Sunday Directly from Hungary to Meet with Trump

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu attends a joint press conference with US Secretary of State Marco Rubio at the Prime Minister’s office in Jerusalem, Feb. 16, 2025. Photo: Ohad Zwigenberg/Pool via REUTERS
i24 News – Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will depart to Washington DC on Sunday directly from Hungary—where he is presently on an official visit—to meet with US President Donald Trump, i24NEWS learned on Saturday from an Israeli source.
The visit comes following a phone conversation between the leaders on Friday, and a call with State Secretary Marco Rubio a short while ago.
As a result, the planned visit to Washington of Israel’s Defense Minister Israel Katz will be postponed once again.
Topics of discussion between the two leaders are expected to include the possible military action against Iran’s nuclear facilities, the Gaza war and the future of the war-ravaged Palestinian enclave, the US bombing campaign against Iran-backed Houthi jihadists in Yemen, and the recent imposition of tariffs on Israeli products.
The post Netanyahu to Depart for Washington on Sunday Directly from Hungary to Meet with Trump first appeared on Algemeiner.com.