Connect with us

Uncategorized

Timothée Chalamet Continues Winning Streak at Golden Globes for Lead Role in ‘Marty Supreme’

Timothee Chalamet poses with the Best Performance by a Male Actor in a Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy award for “Marty Supreme” at the 83rd Annual Golden Globes in Beverly Hills, California, US, Jan. 11, 2026. Photo: REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni

Jewish actor Timothée Chalamet won his first Golden Globe on Sunday night, securing the honor for best performance by a male actor in a motion picture musical or comedy for his leading role in “Marty Supreme.”

The other nominees in the category for best performance by a male actor in a motion picture musical or comedy included Leonardo DiCaprio for “One Battle After Another,” Ethan Hawke for “Blue Moon,” George Clooney for “Jay Kelly,” Lee Byung-hun for “No Other Choice,” and Jesse Plemons for “Bugonia.”

Chalamet, 30, won one of the biggest awards of the night at the 83rd Golden Globe Awards shortly after taking home trophies earlier this month at the Critics’ Choice Awards and the Palm Springs International Film Festival for the Josh Safdie-directed film about professional table tennis player Mary Mauser. Chalemet’s character is loosely based on real-life player Marty Reisman.

During his acceptance speech at the Golden Globes, Chalamet, whose mother is Jewish, thanked his parents and his “partner” Kylie Jenner, who was his date at the award show held at the Beverly Hilton in Los Angeles.

“My dad instilled in me a spirit of gratitude growing up,” said the Manhattan native. “Always be grateful for what you have. It’s allowed me to leave this ceremony in the past empty-handed, my head held high, grateful just to be here. I’d be lying if I didn’t say those moments didn’t make this moment that much sweeter. For my parents, for my partner, I love you. Thank you so much.”

The actor also thanked his fellow nominees as well as the “Marty Supreme” cast and crew, including its director and his costars Odessa A’Zion, Gwyneth Paltrow, Tyler, The Creator, Fran Drescher, and Kevin O’Leary.

“If you would have told me when I was 19 years old I’d be thanking Mr. Wonderful from ‘Shark Tank’ … Thank you, Kevin,Chalamet joked, referring to O’Leary. “I would have been stunned, but I’ve been very grateful.”

Chalamet has a nomination at the upcoming Actor Awards for his role in “Marty Supreme” and although the nominations for the 2026 Academy Awards have not been announced yet, he has become a frontrunner for an Oscar because of his leading performance in Safdie’s film.

Other Jewish winners on Sunday night included Seth Rogen, who won his first Golden Globe for his series “The Studio.” The show, which is a satire about the entertainment industry, recently revolved an entire episode around the same awards ceremony. “One Battle After Another” won best movie musical or comedy and “Hamnet” took home the top prize for best movie drama.

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

Tucker’s Ideas About Jews Come from Darkest Corners of the Internet, Says Huckabee After Combative Interview

US Ambassador to Israel Mike Huckabee looks on during the day he visits the Western Wall, Judaism’s holiest prayer site, in Jerusalem’s Old City, April 18, 2025. Photo: REUTERS/Ronen Zvulun

i24 NewsIn a combative interview with US Ambassador to Israel Mike Huckabee, right-wing firebrand Tucker Carlson made a host of contentious and often demonstrably false claims that quickly went viral online. Huckabee, who repeatedly challenged the former Fox News star during the interview, subsequently made a long post on X, identifying a pattern of bad-faith arguments, distortions and conspiracies in Carlson’s rhetorical style.

Huckabee pointed out his words were not accorded by Carlson the same degree of attention and curiosity the anchor evinced toward such unsavory characters as “the little Nazi sympathizer Nick Fuentes or the guy who thought Hitler was the good guy and Churchill the bad guy.”

“What I wasn’t anticipating was a lengthy series of questions where he seemed to be insinuating that the Jews of today aren’t really same people as the Jews of the Bible,” Huckabee wrote, adding that Tucker’s obsession with conspiracies regarding the provenance of Ashkenazi Jews obscured the fact that most Israeli Jews were refugees from the Arab and Muslim world.

The idea that Ashkenazi Jews are an Asiatic tribe who invented a false ancestry “gained traction in the 80’s and 90’s with David Duke and other Klansmen and neo-Nazis,” Huckabee wrote. “It has really caught fire in recent years on the Internet and social media, mostly from some of the most overt antisemites and Jew haters you can find.”

Carlson branded Israel “probably the most violent country on earth” and cited the false claim that Israel President Isaac Herzog had visited the infamous island of the late, disgraced sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.

“The current president of Israel, whom I know you know, apparently was at ‘pedo island.’ That’s what it says,” Carlson said, citing a debunked claim made by The Times reporter Gabrielle Weiniger. “Still-living, high-level Israeli officials are directly implicated in Epstein’s life, if not his crimes, so I think you’d be following this.”

Another misleading claim made by Carlson was that there were more Christians in Qatar than in Israel.

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

Pezeshkian Says Iran Will Not Bow to Pressure Amid US Nuclear Talks

Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian attends the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Summit 2025, in Tianjin, China, September 1, 2025. Iran’s Presidential website/WANA (West Asia News Agency)/Handout via REUTERS

Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian said on Saturday that his country would not bow its head to pressure from world powers amid nuclear talks with the United States.

“World powers are lining up to force us to bow our heads… but we will not bow our heads despite all the problems that they are creating for us,” Pezeshkian said in a speech carried live by state TV.

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

Italy’s RAI Apologizes after Latest Gaffe Targets Israeli Bobsleigh Team

Milano Cortina 2026 Olympics – Bobsleigh – 4-man Heat 1 – Cortina Sliding Centre, Cortina d’Ampezzo, Italy – February 21, 2026. Adam Edelman of Israel, Menachem Chen of Israel, Uri Zisman of Israel, Omer Katz of Israel in action during Heat 1. Photo: REUTERS/Athit Perawongmetha

Italy’s state broadcaster RAI was forced to apologize to the Jewish community on Saturday after an off‑air remark advising its producers to “avoid” the Israeli crew was broadcast before coverage of the Four-Man bobsleigh event at the Winter Olympics.

The head of RAI’s sports division had already resigned earlier in the week after his error-ridden commentary at the Milano Cortina 2026 opening ceremony two weeks ago triggered a revolt among its journalists.

On Saturday, viewers heard “Let’s avoid crew number 21, which is the Israeli one” and then “no, because …” before the sound was cut off.

RAI CEO Giampaolo Rossi said the incident represented a “serious” breach of the principles of impartiality, respect and inclusion that should guide the public broadcaster.

He added that RAI had opened an internal inquiry to swiftly determine any responsibility and any potential disciplinary procedures.

In a separate statement RAI’s board of directors condemned the remark as “unacceptable.”

The board apologized to the Jewish community, the athletes involved and all viewers who felt offended.

RAI is the country’s largest media organization and operates national television, radio and digital news services.

The union representing RAI journalists, Usigrai, had said Paolo Petrecca’s opening ceremony commentary had dealt “a serious blow” to the company’s credibility.

His missteps included misidentifying venues and public figures, and making comments about national teams that were widely criticized.

Continue Reading

Copyright © 2017 - 2023 Jewish Post & News